The Global Ibogaine Therapy Alliance (GITA) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to supporting the sacramental and therapeutic uses of iboga, as well as its alkaloids and their analogs, through sustainability initiatives, scientific research, education, and advocacy.
GITA envisions a world in which iboga and ibogaine, and their use, thrive naturally, and where their sacramental and therapeutic potential have been explored and articulated so that they are safely and affordably available for anyone who has a strong desire to explore, heal and grow.
GITA furthers this mission by:
- Advocating for the religious freedoms, as well as the human and patient rights of people who take iboga or ine
- Supporting the development of research and clinical trials in order to expand available knowledge and explore new therapeutic potentials of iboga and ibogaine
- Developing legal and cultural contexts for the use of iboga and ibogaine
- Maintaining a standard of ethics and safety amongst its professional members
- Facilitating the exchange of information amongst its members and the general public
- Developing training programs for iboga and ibogaine providers
- Cultivating, protecting and securing the sustainability of tabernanthe iboga, other plant sources of related alkaloids, and their natural habitats
Image © 2011 Spencer Woodward. Used with permission.